Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Woke and prepared for another day with too many people in my house.

2 young workers arrived at 9am. Sat in their cars smoking cigarettes til 9:15am. Went into the basement where they'd last worked. (If you can call it that.) Were back on my front porch steps at 9:30am, smoking and waiting for the contractor to arrive.

Back to the basement, they are now painting waterproofing on the walls. They started with something different that had no odor. Whatever they put on last, now makes my house smell like it's burning. My eyes are watering as I type.

Next the tiny girl arrives that they have doing the insulation in the crawlspace. The fiberglass is getting to her.
Today is the first time she has wore a mask. Comments lead me to believe even more that this is the first time these KIDS have insulated a crawlspace.

You don't want to see this in your living room:


The insulation (Pink Panther on cover) also has a STRONG odor. Added to the waterproofing, my house is becoming a toxic nightmare.

Next up will be 2 rooms of new carpet. Went to Lowes tonight to try to find low odor carpet I'd seen written up in the paper. Was surprised to find they offered NO KIND of low chemical carpets.

I was able to find a satisfactory shower surround. Didn't take long to pick, as there was only ONE to pick from. A one piece will not fit in my bathroom. But this 4 piece- 3 walls + floor, locks together and I'm hoping it will do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Craig said...

Yow - you can't Photoshop a photo like that! Rob

9:05 AM  
Blogger Rob Craig said...

Yow - you can't Photoshop a photo like that! Rob

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home