Monday, September 18, 2006

>>> re: can I fire my contractor

Hard to explain details briefly. I am bound by this city rehab program, who advertised and only had 2 responding contractors. My only contact with either was a rushed 15 minute walk thru of my house, where I was instructed to hold my questions. My gut feeling was one guy (my contractor) was a party boy and the other guy asked several wise questions (like about materials) during the walk through. I wanted the latter. I was rushed to pick one by the city program and swayed towards the one I have. "He's worked for us before and has to be certified." (And was just $200 cheaper.) Turns out he had worked for the city in individual job capacity, but this is his first whole house project. I still anticipated a "conference" with chosen contractor prior to the work starting, which never materialized.

Am anticipating my first contact with the city rehab manager on Monday. Will report the deception and poor workmanship to him. Have had such poor rapport with him before. Not sure what to expect. Will try to keep everyone here posted.

Thanks for the concern,

Mark

*_*_*

almost the norm / Re: Alph and Ralph Have Arrived At Dr. Marks Posted by: "jb" Date: Fri Sep 15, 2006 Are you obligated to use these guys? Can you fire them and hire another contractor?

*_*_*

Re: Alph and Ralph Have Arrived At Dr. Marks Posted by: "Mt" Date: Fri Sep 15, 2006 Mark, how did you end up hiring this contractor? Does your state have a Contractors Licensing Board website? I would fire them and start from scratch, getting references and getting EVERYTHING in writing - what they plan to do, the materials they plan to use, how long they expect the work to take, etc., and what it will cost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home