Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Week 2 Begins (c. 09-18- Unposted until now)

Woke up later than usual to let the crew in. This is probably only the second day of my adult life where I did not take a shower. There just was no time as I had to stay on top of the workers and later I was just exhausted.

The city project supervisor arrives and inquired of me "how are these kids working out?" and expresses concern that he thinks there is to much standing around and not getting started til after 10am and that they haven't completed much in nearly 2 weeks. Though he has *some* reason why he is waiting to tell them to speed up. I'm told that I "can't expect I will be getting a job from TOP REMODELERS, INC. for just $20,000" and that (paraphrasing) we basically have to let them screw up, *then* tell them they have to go back and re-do this and this. Which seems like BS to me. Because then they will be doing it under duress, PLUS it will TAKE LONGER!

They are now in the crawlspace wrapping the ductwork. From their amatuerish reactions, I picture them back home the night before, checking the chapter "how to insulate crawlspaces and wrap ductwork" in their copy of THE HOME HANDYMAN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home