Friday, May 12, 2006

OOH, THAT SMELL! CAN'T CHA SMELL THAT SMELL?

Isn't it ironic? Some will remember the battle I had when I moved into my house with the horrible smelly carpet that was ridden with past pet visits. It took a lot to get that under control. Now I'm back to square one in the same room- maybe farther?

I've been coughing and sneezing. Possums put off a SERIOUS, musky scent. Not as bad as a skunk. But after all this time, I can smell and almost TASTE IT. Even when I leave the house.

And they've been all under my house. Especially under the SAME ROOM as the smelly carpet was. And they were NESTING under the heating duct there as well. What's that going to smell like next winter?

I'm hoping to set up fans to blow out some. But it's been COLD here for May. Tonight it's down to 45 degrees.

WHO'S HAD EXPERIENCE RIDDING YOUR PLACE OF THIS KIND OF ODOR????? Post comments here or write directly to me: drmark7@juno.com

I'm trying to remember what was recommended for the carpet odor. Some kind of (ZIP BAGS?) of rock to put out to absorb the odor. I still have some of the ETERNITY stuff I bought
to de-odor a friends freezer (with SHRIMP inside) that was left off for 5 days in August. Once the last possum is gone, I'll be dousing everything with that. But I have to be careful of spraying the metal ductwork- in case it would rust it.

I'm just praying that one or two haven't crawled off to die in some remote corner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Craig said...

Here's a site that sells possum repellent, which consists of FOX JUICE!!!

http://www.critter-repellent.com/possum/how-to-get-rid-of-possums.php

Rob

9:45 AM  
Blogger Rob Craig said...

The best animal odor remover we've ever found is Nature's Miracle. Every pet store sells it. You can buy it by the bucketful, if needed. It has some kind of enzymes, but it really negates strong cat and dog odors, and I imagine would work well in your situation. You can soak carpets in it too, and then I htink you need to rinse and/or vacuum afterwards. Rob

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home