Friday, May 12, 2006

CATCHUP TIME- More Details

SUNDAY May 7th- The exterminator comes and sets traps. While doing so, one baby comes right up to the door and Ken scoops him into a net with a knife. I have to hold the

MONDAY May 8th- The first day we got the mom and one baby in cages.

TUES May 9th- Found droppings on basement steps. So we put a cage on the step. Can’t recall if we missed trapping any today, but I’m sure we did.

WEDS May 10th- Checked the basement in the am before I went out at 9am. One was caught in the rat trap. Called Ken. He was over at 6:30 or so. One possum caged under the bathroom and got another in the rat trap on the floor.

THU 05/11/06- Went on the front porch and spoke to guy next door- Gave him a heads up on the possums in the neighborhood and told him he should check his foundation. Noted one more possum was trapped in a cage under bath. Then dad came over and we found (3 or 4?) in THE WALL!!! While pulling insulation from under the bathroom, we found a FUSE. (That’s important later.) Left to after school tutoring. Back and called Ken- He and his wife Shirley came over. My mom went to school with her. Ken dug them out of the wall. 4 in the bucket and one got back up in the crawlspace. It was sprinkling rain as they left. I went back down to clean the basement. It makes it easy to spot a new mess. The only thing in basement is a table and as I was cleaning up, I lifted a BAG OF FUSES (The ones I had to get last year when rain got in my fusebox). As I lifted the bag with the fuses I noticed THERE WAS A BABY POSSUM IN THERE!!! I got it in a bucket- then it got away while I tried to dump it in a garbage bag. Called mom, dad and Shirley. (Called me an "overcomer") That makes a total of *12* so far!!!

FRI 05/12/06- Ken over. One more in cage on floor. He said he researched and discovered that mom possum could have 2 litters in a year. One season was MARCH-APRIL. Just when she came in under my basement to nest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Craig said...

Oh my god! This is getting to be a novel! Rob

9:40 AM  
Blogger Rob Craig said...

PS What's an "overcomer"? Somebody who overcomes? Sounds dirty... Rob

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home